Thursday, November 15, 2007

MAKE IT WORK

So my love for Brenna Glasgow grew so much that it overfloweth my cup last night when she called to tell me that in 5 minutes THE SHOW would be coming on. Project Runway has been a staple in our friendship for a long time and this season she and her husband have graciously allowed us to enter thier friendly competition. The four of us will each pick two people that we think have a chance at winning....individual couples decide on the reward should one of thier people win. Here are some comments from last night though.....First of all I think one of the requirements to be a contestant this season was to have ridiculously bad hair...hair that is either asymmetrical, from the 80's or should only belong to a bird of paradise. Secondly, the fact that there is a women named Sweet P who designs motorcycle club wear and has an alter ego named Mean P leaves me speechless. However, based on what we saw last night, here are our two picks....Adam-Christian and Kevin.....He likes Christian's attention to detail and i think he picked Kevin b/c he is the only straight man contestant. If Adam's picks dont hold out very long I will take full blame since he missed about 5 minutes of the show spooning me up a HUGE BOWL of fudge ripple ice cream. My picks are Kit and Rami.......suprising even myself, I loved Kit's red and black dress...its different and she seems focusesd. I picked Rami before he won,(i yelled it in adam's face so he wouldn't pick him as well) because of his draping and favorite choice.....i would definitely choose him to make my runway dress....if and when the public discovers my talent. Ok, thats all...can't wait to read the glasgow's thoughts. Peace out!!!

2 comments:

Shane said...

The selection process for our two contestants each took forever. We chose our two people in our heads and each of us said one person. Both of us had picked Rami as their first person. So, we had to throw him out. So, we go back and choose someone else. We tell each other again, and again we had chosen the same person, the Asain woman, Victorya. So finally, we chose and don't have the same people. Brenna choose the strong gay guy, that did the black and white dress with the blue belt. Her next person is none other than Sweet P. My choice, much to my chagrin (always wanted to use that word), was Christian Rooster Hair and Kit Pistol. So, these are the final contestants on our end.

Now, for the reasons why we chose who we did. We obviously both wanted Rami and the Asain lady, because they look like they'll make it pretty far. But, they're auf in our contest. Brenna chose the gay strong guy because she liked his dress, but had she thought it out more, like i did, she would have known that was a risky pick seeing as how there's some type of drama with him on next week's show. Her next choice was a gut feeling, going with the bi-polar Sweet P.

My choices were Christian and Kit. I think Christian will make it far since he looks like he pays attention to detail, has good craft, and his first design was interesting. The only thing that scared me off at first was his age. How experienced can he really be since he's only 21 years old? That worries me a little. With Kit Pistol, that was a gut feeling. Her name sounds like she's someone that will go far in the competition, and her first design was edgy, but kind of in a good way. I wasn't crazy about the dress. I also wanted to choose someone that really wasn't meantioned a lot in the first show. The show always wants to lead you down paths of who they want you to think will win the entire show. So, that's why my second choice was someone that was kind of in the background.

I other choices, had we kept choosing the same person, were: Straight jeans guy, Tall white squinty guy, fat guy, and possibly the tall black girl. I'm sure Brenna will make her comments on the show soon.

Joel said...

I was excited to see a new post, then disappointed at the content. Haha. Just kidding....kind of.