Sunday, October 26, 2008

Scary Things

So, as I was sitting in the library (where lots of thinking is done) I got to thinking about Halloween and all the things I am scared of. I don't watch scary movies. I started to realize that they really did get into my mind and so I just said goodbye to them all. Adam watches them...he's tough. I don't even watch previews b/c sure enough the minute I watch one I will find myself at home alone and Satan will pop an image into my head that takes a phone call to adam and some ice cream to get out!!! So anyways, here is what I am afraid of...in no particular order.
1. Adam dying first...no really, I rewrote our wedding vows so we didn't say "til death do us part" b/c that is just a sad concept to me. I know he will be in Heaven but it still scares me.
2. The dark...who knows what crazies could be in there.
3. Caves, no make that anywhere underground, no make that anywhere confining.
4. Bees, Yellow-jackets, Hornets-their only mission in life is to make me squirm
5. No Friends- I remember moving to JC and crying for weeks b/c we didn't have any friends...now we have so many that we are gone almost every night of the week and I LOVE IT!!!
6. My little brother driving-not his driving but the fact that he is out there on the road with the crazies.
7. Captain D's - fish from a fast food place just can't be right
8. The upcoming election- I am just scared of the changes that could happen...either way God is control
9. Having (adopting) children and being a horrible mother
10. Those big trucks with the big rims that look like they extend 4 ft into your lane.
11. Snakes- been there, done that
12. Needles,blood,anything that has to do with the internal part of your body...SICK OUT
13. Balding- I know it probably won't happen but there is always that chance.
14. Orks- from Lord of the Rings..if I ever saw one coming at me I would just lose it
15. Public speaking-not in front of the classroom, but like to crowds of 30 or more..I'm sweating already
16. Tornadoes- I have been through several hurricanes where tornadoes touched down all around my house, but I have never physically been in one.

4 comments:

Caroline Schell said...

I can't really watch scary movies anymore either. I don't like gory stuff (it's just ridiculous), and all of the "good" scary movies really are the kind that mess with my mind. As for the rest, I can't say any of these really scare me... except for #7. Seriously. That's really gross, but the possible side effects make the whole situation really scary...

Tori Clements said...

This is a fun list. I think I might do it too.

angela said...

I can't watch scary movies at all! Not even the previews either. Its so weird that they affect people differently. Charlie really likes them but I go and hide. Charlie & Adam should watch them together and we sit around and blog. =)

Fun list.

beckygiggles said...

Billy enjoys the scary stuff too. I get so mad when he is watching it in the other room. Like he is letting evil in the house with my precious babies! I know it's kind of crazy but it feels that way to me.