Monday, October 27, 2008

Speaking of scary things

So when I got on the internet this morning I had an email from my Papa with a link to see some pictures. All he wrote in the email was " Sorry I didn't invite you to my barbeque". These pictures were attached.


My heart sank. These are pictures taken of my great grandma's old barn and the trailer that sat behind it. The trailer was my Uncle's but now he has moved and it was deserted. No one was injured but still it breaks my heart. I know I have lots of memories of the barn and I am sure that my Papa does too.
The first pictures is my Papa and Uncle Mark looking at the trailer..to the right you can see my Nana who is rushing over to see what happened. She was at church when it started. She actually just had knee surgery so I sent an email back telling her to sit down and get off that knee!!!
The second picture is what gets me. It just my papa standing in front of all his burned memories. These are from the Enon Newspaper in Florida. I am glad that my Papa had a sense of humor about it all but it was definitely a shock to wake up to.

P.s.- I just love that all of the recent pictures I have of my Papa are of him in coveralls.
P.P.s- this is on Kinzie Lane.

1 comment:

angela said...

That second picture is heart breaking. It just looks so pitiful.