Friday, October 3, 2008

The VP Debate

Last night I watched the VP Debate. Someone asked me "why?, don't you already have your mind made up as to who you are going to vote for?". Well, No I didn't. And No, I never once considered voting for Obama. I just was not 100% for the Republican ticket yet..I guess that would have left me voting for Nader....or just not voting...which is another conversation for another blog. Anyways, I was very proud of Palin last night. I have been really troubled about how I felt with a women being in a "authoratative role" over the country and how that relates to men being our spiritual leaders. I have grown up Southern Baptist and I agree with thier doctrine that women should not lead over men. However, here I am thinking that on Nov. 4th I will more than likely vote for the Republican ticket....its a pickle isn't it? I mean I can't and WILL NOT vote Democratic, and voting Independantly would not suite me either. So what to do? Trust that God can work through her? Trust that God has a reason for her to be in this position...such as Ester? I know that God can and will work through imperfect people but there are places in the bible where He puts women in high ranking positions and they do make judgment calls over groups with men present. Its funny isn't. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Like I said though, I was very pleased with Palin's performance. She is a very likable candidate and I think she was very poised. She did not come off as a " unqualified, unintelligent, unknowing" person as the tabloids would lead us to believe. I do beleive that she is not your normal politican and not going to stand for those ways. I do believe that although she and McCain disagree on certain issues that she has our interests at heart.
My heart started to sink a little more with every word that both candidates said about Isreal, Iran and Pakistan. They said " wipe Isreal off the face of the planet", "have missles pointed at Isreal", "unstable governments with nuclear weapons at thier disposal". With so much uncertainty, my excitment over our upcoming move was definitely not increased. I just started thinking the worse...which by the way if that was a job I would be rolling in the dough. I just wonder how the situation in Isreal, especially Jerusalem will be next May/June. I know that God will take care of us, but we are not garunteed safety. I was talking to a mom at Educare, who adopted one of her sons from Isreal, about our trip and she kept saying " God's blessing is on that place, He will take care of you, He will bless you". And you know what, she is right!! God will take care of us, but I'm going to need His help in declaring that. Hopefully after the election in November some concrete interventions will be made in the Middle East and the government will be more stable than what it is now. If not though, God could still choose to send us there and I ask that you pray for us to be confident and bold. I ask that you pray for me to stop worrying. I also ask that you begin to pray for God to put Isreali people in our path that need to know Him, that need to meet Him. I'm thinking of sending IMB a letter to see what kind of missions that have avaliable over there. That would be a great ministry/ job for me while we are over there.
P.S.- you should see this kid that the lady from Educare adopted. His name is Noah and he has the most beautiful skin, dark red/brown hair and big brown eyes. He sees me in the afternoons and takes off running with his arms already open, yelling "Mrs. Kinzie"..When he gets excited, he grabs the hand of the closest person and invites them to jump up and down in joy with him....He has a little brother from gautemala and they hug each other in the afternoons b/c they have been seperated all day long and immediately talk about what they are going to do when they see thier dad.....melts my heart. WATCH OUT..we may bring some kiddos back with us!!

1 comment:

angela said...

I will be praying for you!!

Regarding your comment on my blog:
sitemeter.com
Its pretty easy to set up and you can see everything! It gives IP addresses, locations, times, everything. Its a pretty neat thing. Enjoy your weekend.