Tuesday, August 5, 2008

August 5th

So the Harvell house has been pretty busy lately. We spent almost all of our weekend in the kitchen, putting in new countertops and a backsplash. We had pink countertops-when our townhouse was built they put in pink countertops...why?, don't ask me!! Adam did a great job installing the new ones that are tan (dark and light) with some green in them ...there was a lot more work that had to be done than I had originally thought. They look great and in the end we were able to add almost 5 more ft of counterspace. Then we decided to use venetian plaster as our backsplash....a faux finish. Its a deep green and we burnished it to look like stone..its beautiful and I am very pleased with our new little kitchen. It has come so far from the nasty linoleum floors and pink countertops. I will post before and after pictures tomorrow.
Also, we have been scrambling to get me a plane ticket. I have 9 whole days off starting this Friday at 10!!!! For some odd reason all 3 of my jobs gave me that week off and my class ended today!! So we are going to Huntsville this weekend to stay with Adam's family. My family is driving up on Saturday to hang out as well and then I will go home with them. I plan on visiting both sets of grandparents, my aunt, my BEST FRIEND VIRG!!, lots of hanging out with my brother (i miss him) and parents and hitting the beach at least 3 days. I am stoked. Then I will fly back to atlanta on Saturday where Adam is going to meet me for a nice day spent at Ikea and the Aquarium before coming home that night. I have never flown by myself before but I think I will manage. I am much more saddened by the thought of being away from Adam for a whole week....I know, I know...its just a week. But still, I will miss that weirdo!!
As much as we have been busy, we know a lot of people who have been busier with new babies this week!!! Let me just list them all to you. Sunday night Adam's boss had thier baby, a boy Brendan, Tuesday our friend Stephanie had her baby, a girl Lara Dale, Friday Carlyn had her baby girl, Pearl Carolee, Saturday our friend Angela had her baby girl, Hannah Elizabeth and Sunday night my boss's daughter had her baby, a girl Molly Elizabeth. I mean that is a lot of babies!!! We were talking about how crazy it is too that some of them were actually born on thier due date...GO FIGURE!!! SO CONGRATULATIONS to all of you new moms and dads!!
Other than that we have been eating a lot of veggies lately since we have a friend who brings me organic zucchini, squash, peppers, cucumbers, eggplant and herbs. I have made a ton of zucchini break which is OH SO GOOD, eggplant parmesan, veggie lasagna, veggie pizza and some veggie soup(which was gross). YUM

1 comment:

angela said...

can't wait to see pictures of the countertops and backsplash!!
i think one day next week hannah and i will venture over to Pearl's house. maybe we will come down and see you too. what number are you in? i'm not sure what day...maybe monday or tuesday evening. i'll let you know. =)