Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Acts 9

So if you haven't ever read Acts 9 you should do so. I am studying it for Adam's lesson on Sunday and WHEW, what an awesome adventure!! I want to comment on it but I'll have to do so later...so read it and tell me what you think!!!
P.S.- read acts 1-9 to really get the jist of what is going on before Saul's conversion!!!
So this chapter is proof that the Bible is soo not boring. HELLO..have you ever been sent down in a basket because people were on your tail for preaching Christ?
AND to add to Angela's comment...(paraphrasing Adam) Aninias walked into to see Saul and spouted off a reason to kill him " The Lord Jesus came to me"...he is saying that he is a Christ follower to the very man who is known for killing christians. What faith!!
It also makes me think about my past. Saul was known for hating christians but once he began to speak and the disciples saw his countenance they knew that he was genuine in his transformation. As I think back to college and high school I wonder if my transformation would be considered genuine. I was a Christian then, yet my life did not support that claim. Sometimes I wonder what I could do or say to show people Christ at my high school reunion and whether or not people would blow it off as they remember my past. I think we have to push through our past sin and recognize Christs strength....wasn't that last Sunday's sermon on sanctification. To be miserable in our weakness but rejoice in Christs strength. To use the laws to show us where we fall short and invite Christ to come in and make up for it? To allow Him to glory in our bad habits, evil lifestyles, horrible faults and pleasures of the flesh?
Just some thoughts that were provoked after reading Acts 9.
Our friend, Joel Sasnett, found this article online about What the Tomb and Calvary actually looked like...from an archaeologist perspective..its pretty neat...check it out.
http://theologica.blogspot.com/2008/07/what-did-calvary-look-like-interview.html
http://theologica.blogspot.com/2008/07/what-did-jesus-tomb-look-like-interview.html

1 comment:

angela said...

I am always amazed by the faith of Ananias. I suppose that if you hear the Lord's voice out loud, it makes it easier to follow (not speaking on any authority there, just assuming) but still, the fact that he would just go and visit a man who has been killing Christians. I can't imagine.