Saturday, July 26, 2008

July 26th..really?

So my brain is a like a slushie right now....like a big Powerade slushie from Sonic...this gives me physical pains to once again be in the passenger seat of Chief with Virginia, downing our slushies after a grueling match of tennis in Auburn. Anyways, I just finished a book by Karen Kingsbury called Divine. Adam's mom gave it to me centuries ago and I just now got into it. However, after page one I was addicted and read it in two 2 hour settings. That is the story of my life with books. I probably won't read another book until say November but when I do it will be fast and furious and then I will reflect on it for another 3 months. This book is a modern day Mary Magdelene story set in D.C. That is what hooked me, the minute I read Washington D.C. I thought "yes, i was just there and I will know everything she is talking about". Wrong. It really had nothing to do with D.C. and everything to do with the Divine power of Christ, hence the name. One thing that I wanted to share thought was a scripture used in this story from Joel 2 :25 " 25And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you." Let me set this up for you without giving the whole story away. Mary Madison (clever huh) and her grandmother have been seperated for years, despite the fact that they both are looking for one another. When Mary voices sadness over the years that they lost her grandmother quotes this scripture to her. It immediately struck me as a verse that I felt as if I should cry out to God. God, Im so sorry for all of my wasted years here on earth, let me make it up to you, let me serve you longer and better and more faithfully to make up for those years when I turned my back on you, for the years that the locust ate!!! Just a thought. That verse could probably apply to several other areas in our lives as well.

3 comments:

Mark Andrew Murphy said...

Hallelujah, Amen.

Mark Andrew Murphy said...

Hallelujah, Amen

Mark Andrew Murphy said...

ohhh, now I get it, I was wondering why comments weren't showing up and then I saw that it has to be approved.