Thursday, July 17, 2008

Traditions

So, I thought this would be neat to see what people leave me!!
Do you have any speical traditions within your family or with friends?
For my immediate family we always call the person whose birthday it is and sing to them Happy Birthday regardless of how bad we sound. Needless to say I was greeted with my dad, mom and brother's voices at 8 o'clock this morning.
My immediate family also does a money routine on Christmas that my dad's parents started when he was little. The children get however old they are in 1 dollar bills. Needless to say my dad is racking up. Chris and I always count ours just to make sure we dont get jipped! :)
For Adam's family they always open one present on Christmas Eve.
For my bigger family we get together every two years for a reunion back in florida where most of them live.
For my friends from Auburn we have started a tradition of getting together every other 4th of July at someone's house. Two years ago we went to St. Louis , and this year we went to D.C.
As for Adam and I , well he started one this morning. He got up at the crack of dawn and made me pancakes with blackberry syrup. So sweet..i mean this guy never wakes up a minute before he has too and he had them ready for me so that I could still be at work by 8 o'clock.

So what are your traditions with your families/ friends?

1 comment:

Anna Hedges said...

1. happy birthday

2. My family always opens one present on Xmas eve too... ALWAYS! But on the evening of the eve. We always had to wait until my dad got home from work.

3. Julie and I always eat Chik-Fil-A chicken minis for breakfast when we are on vacation. :)