Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I've Been Thinking

So...here are some random thoughts .
A-I think that there should be an "extra emergency" brake in standard vehicles. I say this b/c I almost took out 12 cars...no joke. Adam and I have traded vehicles since he drives longer to work than I do and my car gets better mileage than his. One of the first days after our switch I pulled into ETSU gym and was thinking about everything except for the dumb truck. So I am almost inside the gym and I hear a "THUD". I turn around and see a white truck out in the middle of the road up on the median. I think "wow, someone just drove right into that median". This guy that was walking in behind me said "Isn't that your vehicle?". I was like "OH CRAP, THAT IS MY HUSBAND'S TRUCK"..I literally ran all the way to the truck in this horrible panic. I have to say that God was truly watching out for us that day because my truck could have hit at least 5 nice cars and 7 others. Luckily, when I parked I left the wheels turned all the way to the left, so the truck rolled back down the hill and went in a complete circle, out in to the middle of the main road and up onto the median, where it sat waiting for me!!!!! The guy that told me it was my vehicle ran with me and had a hard time not laughing. I mean seriously, he probably think I fell off the tater truck yesterday. I just had not driven Adam's truck long enough to recognize it. You can ask him this, but if it weren't for my AU sticker on my car I would walk right past it. I just dont pay attention to cars that much. So, therefore I say that standard vehicles should have an automatic emergency brake that clicks into gear when you park.
B- I don't think that cats have any control over thier tails. Well at least not our two. We have a low coffee table that Adam built in our living room. When we eat in front of the tv we have to watch our plates when the cats come around. Their tail flails about and inevitably land in our food....GROSS. Also, when I am brushing my teeth and they sit on the sink to admire themselves I always end up spitting on thier tail since 99% of the time some part of it is in the sink. I guess I always thought of their tail as a 5th ummm....leg? I don't know..I just wish that they would watch where their tail is at!
C-I wish that they would make lactose free milk that tastes as good as the real deal...and by the real deal I mean skim. I am a sucker for milk....I mean I crave it...in big batches. However, I am also lactose intolerant and suffer bad stomachaches and other nastiness from it. I have tried organic milk, soy milk and powdered milk....give me a break..I don't buy it! It all tastes like a fake! So I guess I either have to get going on a milk like liquid minus the milk, or just drink something else....I think I'll do neither and guzzle down another cup before bed!!!!
D-They should make a fat free, sugar free, cheesecake flavored yogurt.
E-I have decided that I will wear sunscreen daily. I have been putting 50 on face everyday before going outside. I have just read and heard too many horror stories about young girls dying of skin cancer. I think I will just slather on some of that nasty smelling self tanner from now on and call it day. I have to admit that I could lay in the sun all day long...but now I will just do it with a thick layer of sunscreen between me and Mr. Sun. I also think that maybe one day when I am older I will thank myself for wearing sunscreen. Who knows...maybe I won't wrinkle up so bad either!!!
Thats it...just some random current thoughts to put down. We are heading to D.C. for the 4th to hang out with Joel, Caroline, Virg, Brenna, Shane, Baby KEWL, Adam B and his new girlfriend! I SO CANT WAIT!! There is nothing like meeting up with your college buddies and catching up. I get all warm and tingly just thinking about!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

so this made me laugh outloud.

more than once.